Student Storage Solution -
The Student Case - from only £99!
The Student Case is a new, low cost service for students in London wishing to place extra items into storage over the holiday periods.
You can download our flyer here and call us on 0800 011 4688 to check on delivery slots for your halls.
What does a student case look like?
Our student cases have a similar capacity to a large supermarket shopping trolley. They are made of super-tough plastic and have a capacity of 180 litres ( 6.5 cubic feet / 0.2 cubic metres). Internal dimensions are (L)76 x (W)49.5 x (H)46cms.
How much can I fit in?
Our staff packed one case with a variety of items to see just how much we could fit in. We managed to fit the following items inside:
- 1 x flat screen computer monitor
- 1 x small computer tower (+ leads, mouse, keyboard)
- 1 x standard laptop (17" screen) inc power supply
- 1 x mini hi-fi and small speakers
- 12 x standard paperback books
- 3 x lever arch files
- Stationery items (calculators, pens etc)
If you are in doubt about what might fit, give the centre a call on 0207 428 9988 and will give you as much advice as we can. Alternatively, pop down to our storage centre in Camden to have a look before reserving and see the size for yourself.
How does it work?
- Call us on 0800 011 4688 and pre-book your storage case
- We deliver a tough 180ltr storage case to your halls the week before you leave
- You pack your stuff inside, seal with security tag provided and confirm a time slot for pickup
- We collect and store the case at our secure storage facility over the holidays
- You book a time slot for re-delivery to your hall on your return and a time slot for us to recollect the empty case
What does it cost?
It only costs £99 and we will provide you with the following:
- Delivery of one 'Student Case' to your halls of residence
- Collection - we will wait a maximum of 20 mins after delivering the case for you to fill it
- Secure storage of your case for the duration of the holidays, inclusive of £2000 of insurance cover and secure security tags for your individual case.
- Re-delivery to your halls of residence on your return within an agreed time slot
Are there any other costs?
If you live outside the congestion zone and pack your case while we wait, the cost is just £99 for the period from 1st June to 31st August. The following will apply if this is not the case:
- Congestion Charging - an additional charge will be applied for deliveries of the empty cases, collection of the empty cases and re-delivery of the cases after your return. This charge is applicable for each journey. If we are making multiple pick-ups and deliveries on any one day, this charge will be reduced
- Oversized Items - occasionally students have oversized items that will not fit into the case. Any large items that need to be stored will be charged at £15 per item for the above period, and £1 per item per day outside of this period.
Why should I use this storage option?
If you are only storing a few items, you will save money by avoiding having to:
- Organise transport to and from your halls of residence to a storage centre. An average Man & Van service can cost you between £35 - £50 per hour.
- Find and buy cardboard boxes to store your belongings. Standard boxes can cost between £1.99 & £3.99 per box.
- Retrieve your goods from a storage centre on your return. Re-delivery is all part of our all-inclusive, one-off fee.
- Worry about storage during the end-of-term exam period. Save yourself valuable study time by letting us do the work for you.
Store your stuff with CityStore Self-Storage and get great value storage without moving from your halls!