Your self-storage frequently asked questions answered
- What does a storage room look like?
- What room size will I need?
- How much will the room cost me?
- Are there any other charges I should know about?
- Will my goods be safe and secure?
- How do I access my room?
- How long can I stay for?
- How much notice must I give to vacate my storage room?
- How do I pay for my room?
- What documents do you require for me to move in?
With CityStore Self-Storage, all our customers store in their own individual, steel partitioned room.
Each room has a high-quality slide-bar closing mechanism which you lock with your own padlock, for which you keep the only key.
Each storage room is built up to 1 inch below the ceiling, ensuring your goods are stored in the right conditions.
All CityStore staff are fully trained to correctly estimate the storage space that you require.
Unit sizes are quoted on the square foot area of the floor, with the majority of storage units having a height of 7ft.
If you are interested in taking one of our storage room, contact us to get our best available price.
The cost of a room is directly linked to the square foot area of the floor. The less space you require, the less you pay.
At CityStore we aim to provide you with the right space at the right price, meaning that you will never pay for more space than you require.
Think you have found a better price elswhere? Don’t make a decision until you have spoken to us. Contact Us now.
CityStore is always up front about the costs associated with renting a storage unit. You will have to budget for the following:
- unit rental is charged on a monthly basis and is due on the 1st of every month. If you move-in during the month we will calculate the rental charge on a pro rata basis from that day until the end of the month and then on 1st month thereafter. Please be aware that all prices are exclusive of VAT.
- when comparing quotes, ensure that you will receive invoices on a monthly basis. Why? Monthly invoicing means that you pay 12 invoices per year. 4-weekly billing means that you pay 13 invoices per year, and thus you pay one extra invoice per year
- Rental Deposit – on renting the unit, we require a rental deposit equivalent to one month’s storage rental. This is refunded to you when you vacate the room.
- Insurance – all customers must be insured when they rent a storage unit. If you have a household policy that will cover you whilst in storage, you will be required to sign an insurance waiver to confirm that you are adequately insured elsewhere. Alternatively, we can provide comprehensive insurance cover for you at £3.50 per £1000 of value per calendar month.
- Padlock – you must secure your unit with your own padlock. You can bring your own on the day. Alternatively, you can purchase one at the centre. Click here to see our full range of merchandise.
The safety and security of our customers and of our customers’ goods are always our top priority. For your peace of mind:
- All rooms are individually alarmed with computer-controlled pin-code access meaning that only actual customers can access the secure storage area.
- Your room is secured with your own padlock to which you keep the only key, making you the only person who can access your room.
- The centre has a high-tech 24hr CCTV system which covers all access points, both internal and external, as well as the main corridors ensuring that your goods are secure.
- An off-site control centre remotely monitors the storage centre outside of office hours, meaning there is always someone on hand in case of emergency.
- A BT RedCare alarm system which is linked to the local police and fire stations guaranteeing a rapid response if necessary.
You can access your storage unit as often as you require during our opening hours.
To access your unit you simply enter your pin-code (agreed with you on move-in) to access the secure storage area, and then use your key to access your individual storage room.
For ease of access, there are trolleys on hand to help you transport any goods from your car to your room.
It’s completely up to you.
There are no time limits on how long you can store. The minimum storage period is 1 month and your contract will continue on a month-by-month basis until you notify us that you are ready to leave.
Whilst you can vacate your storage room at any time you wish, we ask for 7 days notice.
On taking a storage unit, we require the first invoice to be paid by either cheque or credit card. For each following month, payment of the unit will taken by Direct Debit or by Automatic Credit Card.
In the interests of security, we do not accept cash for the first payment.
To take a storage unit with CityStore, we will require the following:
- 2 forms of ID
- One with a picture – passport or driving license
- One with your address – phone bill, gas/electricity bill dated within the last 3 months
- Bank details (to complete the Direct Debit form)
- Debit/Credit card or cheque for your first payment